We worked with Experience, Inc. on the Student Employment Gap study in order to identify issues in the college hiring process, what skills they are looking for, sources for hire and more. We surveyed 225 US employers out of a pool of over 100,000 employers. Experience, Inc. is a network that connects employers with Gen-Y talent.
“Experience and Millennial Branding partnered on a high-scale research effort to understand how employers recruit next-generation talent, the results of which were well received by both customers and media outlets. This effort provided great material for our sales team to share with customers and prospects, and also generated incredible PR coverage to attract new prospects. We look forward to working with Millennial on many more projects in the future.”
- Jennifer Floren, CEO and Founder, Experience, Inc.
- 87% of employers are going to hire more recent graduates this year.
- 91% of employers think that students should have between one and two internships before graduation.
- 50% of employers haven’t hired a single intern in the past six months.
- 87% of companies think that internships should last at least three months for students to gain enough experience.
- 98% of employers view communication skills as being important or very important when hiring for entry-level positions.
- Only 16% of employers recruit on social networks all of the time or most of the time.
Mainstream media coverage: The research report was launched on May 14th, 2012 and received coverage in various media outlets, including The PBS Nightly Business Report, ABC News, TIME, The Atlantic, Yahoo! Finance, Fast Company, Fox Business, US News & World Report, CBS News, Forbes, The Chicago Tribune, MSNBC.com, TechCrunch, Psychology Today, Portfolio, ZDNET, Good Magazine, Huffington Post, Examiner, Lifehacker, AOL Jobs, Metro US, The Toronto Star, OC Register, Business News Daily, MediaBistro, ERE, Raycom Media, and many more.